Sunday, November 2, 2014

Time To Get Serious Again


" But I will fuck this up,
  I fucking know it.
  I will fuck this up"
The Menzingers - The Obituaries  
(As in I will fuck up this training in a positive way!)

And so it begins!

After today's ride on the indoor trainer, my off-season officially ended. Tomorrow, I have to get serious about my training again. No more bagging workouts just because I don't feel a workout. Now, I will say that typically just happened with swimming over the past 8 weeks, as it is not always my favorite discipline. As I move forward into my serious training, I feel recovered and fresh after the past 8 weeks of lower volume and training at MAF.

Maybe different than most people, my training schedule is not set in stone everyday & strictly regimented. I go into every week knowing what I need to get done and it gets done. I find keeping a flexible schedule keeps me sane, which is good for all involved! It also allows me to adjust workouts around my coaching & recruiting schedule. For example here is what I need to get done this week:

Bike - 4 rides/ 5.5-6 hours; Run - 3 runs/ 3-3.17 hours; Swim - 3 swims/ 1.4-1.6 hours
TRX - 2 times

Here are the final training numbers of my transition into the 2015 season and MAF Acclimation:
8 Weeks of MAF Training & Recovery
Bike -33 rides/ 1009 miles/ 49.59 hours/ 20.3 mph
Run - 30 runs/ 186 miles/ 25.32 hours/ 8:10 per mile
Swim - 12 swims/ 9.5 miles/ 4.29 hours
Total - 75 workouts/ 1204.5 miles/ 79.20 hours
Per Week - 9.37 workouts/ 150.5 miles/ 9.9 hours
 
During the summer
Per Week - 10.6 workouts/ 188 miles/ 12.04 hours

As I move forward with this blog, I realize that posting about MAF training (especially during base training) will be extremely boring so I will need ways to make this blog entertaining so someone may actually read it. I know my athletes & some others, whom I coach, said I should return to my rules for endurance athletes & commentary ways! So at times, I will oblige but I will need suggestions as I move along. So I will be open to suggestions as to what you want to hear me rant about or what direction to take the blog. Send your request......

ROCK THE W!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment