Sunday, November 16, 2014

Nothing Exciting To See Here (Please Move On)


"And on I read until the day was gone;
 And I sat in regret of all the things I've done;
 For all that I've blessed, and all that I've wronged.
 In dreams until my death I will wander on."
 "Like A Stone" - Audioslave

Boring blog this week.....(Figured I would give you fair warning)

Unfortunately, the world of sports did not give me a topic to rant about in an attempt to make this blog somewhat entertaining. The most entertaining thing I did this week was join No Shave November! A few weeks ago I was diagnosed for the second time with skin cancer and I am schedule to have MOHS surgery to remove the spot on December 8th. This time it was a basal cell carcinoma diagnosis versus the squamous cell carcinoma I had in my lip 4 years ago. In an attempt to help raise awareness and money I joined the American Cancer Society  fundraising idea of No Shave November.  Here is a link to my page if you feel compelled to donate:


Training continues to go well and still be boring. All training continues to be slow and at MAF. I have not missed a workout and consistently continue my resistance training. Here are my training totals over the last the two weeks:

Two Weeks Of Base Training:
Bike - 8 rides/ 254 miles/ 11.82 hours/ 21.5 mph
Run - 6 runs/ 44 miles/ 6.09 hours/ 8:15 per mile
Swim - 6 swims/ 525 miles/ 2.24 hours
Total - 20 workouts/ 303.25 miles/ 20.15 hours
(4 Suspension Training sessions)
 
The amount of workouts per discipline will remain the same over the next two weeks but I will be increasing my long run by 10 minutes and my long bike ride by 15 minutes. So in all, my training volume will rise to 10.5 hours or so between all 3 disciplines with all training still remaining at MAF (130-140 bpm). After these past two weeks, I can say that training at MAF will make the increases in volume easier and less taxing on my body.  
 
I know it seems a long way off but I am starting to jot down a bunch of potential races. Yes, I know financially not all these races can happen but one needs have options out there (going to go broke - lol):
 
May 16th -  Ironman Texas (ideally or maybe IM Boulder in August)
May 31st -  Black Bear Sprint or Half (if no IMTX)
June 28th -  Challenge AC (70.3)
July ? -  Lake Lenape Sprint Triathlon
July 26th - Denville Sprint Triathlon 
August 16th - Challenge Pocono 
August 30th - Keystone Sprint Triathlon
September 12th - Quakerman Olympic Plus
October - Kona!!! (if IMTX happens and goes well!)
 
I better start saving my money! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment