Sunday, November 23, 2014

No Shave November Rolls Along





"I should've known better when I took the risk,
 To wreck myself and to gamble while broke,
 Shaking something mental at a loss for the words I'd once known.
 I traded two steps forward for three steps back
To get to know the meaning of showing respect."
Drag My Body by Hot Water Music

Training was a little off this week in terms of total volume. Despite getting all of my biking and running sessions, I was not able to get in the pool this week & missed my two suspension training sessions. Before you think I am slacking, these misses were not by choice but more by necessity as I somehow manage to tweak my lower back Monday morning just before getting on the indoor trainer. I wrenched the back enough that I had 4 sessions with my chiropractor from Monday afternoon to Wednesday morning. I was able to bike Monday through Wednesday but the back was tight enough that running, swimming or suspension training was not happening those days. By Thursday, I was able to run but I was not going to be able to add any swimming as I was traveling to the NCAA Division III XC Championships with one of my athletes from Thursday through Saturday. My back did manage survive 1100 miles of driving in three days! Here are my training totals in 3 weeks of MAF base building: 

Three Weeks Of Base Training:
Bike - 12 rides/ 389 miles/ 18.16 hours/ 21.4 mph
Run - 9 runs/ 66.5 miles/ 9.16 hours/ 8:16 per mile
Swim - 6 swims/ 525 miles/ 2.24 hours
Total - 27 workouts/ 460.75 miles/ 29.56 hours
(4 Suspension Training sessions)
 
This week will be abbreviated in terms of swimming as the college pool will be open just two days this week before the Thanksgiving holiday & a bit of traveling. But after last week, any swimming I get this week will be a bonus. In terms of biking and running, my total volume goal is the same as this week with a long bike of 2 hours and a long run of 70 minutes. And just think, it is just 24 weeks till IMTX! 
 
In the meantime, I have 7 days remaining in No Shave November. With traveling to the NCAA XC Championships, my surgery to remove the cancerous spot on my neck was moved to December 8th. In 11 days since starting, the beard is coming in nicely! If you read this please, visit my donation page and donate to the American Cancer Society. 
 
 


No Shave November (Day 9 - Homeless look)

No comments:

Post a Comment