Sunday, October 26, 2014

2015 Is Almost Here


"Oh my broken battered body,
  In the days when I was younger,
  Used to fix itself quick sharp
  After every slip and stumble."
Frank Turner - Losing Days 


Just one week left in my off-season!!!

This means, just seven more days of bagging workouts just because I am not feeling it. That happened this past Friday when I decided having lunch and drinking a coffee was better than splashing around in the pool. And in hindsight, I still feel it was the right decision! Now I will say, swimming is my least favorite of the three disciplines, so it was not that far of a stretch that I decided to bag it! 

Even though base training can be boring, I am very excited to get started. Other than letting my body recovery, I have done a great amount of research, over the past 6-7 weeks, in developing a very detailed outline for my training schedule. Obviously, this research and schedule is based on the idea that I can make everything work & race at Ironman Texas on May 16, 2015.  

I don't think I have ever laid out a basic outline with this much detail for my own training as I have with this schedule. This has truly become a science project to me! I have a file filled with articles regarding MAF training. I have an eight page lay out of my plan with a progression of long runs & long bikes and MAF Testing weeks. Exciting stuff.......Huh????

In the meantime, I think I have this training at MAF thing, down! Yeah, it may feel slow but I can see where this training will help me as I train for the Ironman distance race(s). Recently, I have been completing workouts with the feeling that with proper nutrition, I could go for hours at these paces! 

And trust me, with an Ironman race we are looking at hours!!! 9-10 Hours!!!!

Here are the most recent training numbers as I get used to MAF:

7 Weeks of MAF Training & Recovery
Bike - 29 rides/ 885 miles/ 43.88 hours/ 20.2 mph
Run - 27 runs/ 165.25 miles/ 22.53 hours/ 8:10 per mile
Swim - 10 swims/ 8.25 miles/ 3.85 hours
Total - 66 workouts/ 1085.5 miles/ 70.26 hours
Per Week - 9.4 workouts/ 151.2 miles/ 10.04 hours
 
During the summer
Per Week - 10.6 workouts/ 188 miles/ 12.04 hours 
 
As I move forward, I want to thank Wattie Ink & my teammates who have me motivated and continue to motivate me with their performances at Ironman, XTerrra and Lifetime Triathlons!
 
Also, thanks to a great list of sponsors Wattie Ink was able to secure for the team - Power Bar, Speedfil, ISM Saddles, Herbalife, Blue Seventy, Rudy Project, ! Your support went a long way in helping me achieve my results in 2014! 2015 will be bigger and better! 
 
ROCK THE W 


No comments:

Post a Comment