Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hungry For That Feeling



How serious am I? 
 
About what you may ask?  

I will tell you.....

Qualifying for the Ironman World Championships in 2015! 

Yesterday,  I literally watched the livestream of the Ironman World Championships on the computer for the better part of 7-8 hours. I watched for the most part, like most triathletes, to see who would win the men and women's championships as it is the Holy Grail of triathlons. Having competed in Kona twice, it brought back many great memories and some disappointments that motivate me in my drive to get back to Kona. To this day, I can still remember that right hand turn on to Alii Drive and knowing that I was just about to complete the hardest one day endurance event! It is truly hard to describe the feeling one gets when they cross the finish line of the Ironman World Championships in Kona!

I want/need that feeling again! 

After a while, I found myself watching the livestream more to learn about the race. I was listening to the commentators speak of the top athlete's nutrition, different race strategies, their bike equipment, the weather, the terrain......etc!! I was taking mental notes throughout the day. Now, I have three weeks till I officially begin my training for a potential qualifying race. I feel better prepared, in terms of a solid training plan compared to the past two years, as I have been collecting research on MAF and utilizing its methods. Through my research, I have been able to outline a 27 week schedule leading up to the first potential race, Ironman Texas. As much research as I have already completed, watching the live stream, I learned I still have a lot of research ahead of me, in regards to  most importantly, on race day nutrition!

When November 3rd hits, I am basically turning myself and my training into an experiment! But till then here are the latest training totals since Eagleman and the past 5 weeks of MAF training!

18 Weeks Since Eagleman
Bike - 78 rides/ 2738 miles/ 133.63 hours/ 20.5 mph
Run - 63 runs/ 426.5miles/ 54.58 hours/ 7:40 per mile
Swim - 44 swims/ 38.5 miles/ 19.09 hours
Totals - 185 workouts/ 3203 miles/ 207.3 hours
Per Week - 10.28 workouts/ 177.9 miles/ 11.52 hours

5 Weeks Of MAF
Bike - 21 rides/ 642 miles/ 32.23 hours/ 19.8mph
Run - 19 runs/ 116.25miles/ 15.85 hours/ 8:11 per mile
Swim - 7 swims/ 6 miles/ 2.83 hours
Total - 47 workouts/ 764.25 miles/ 50.91 hours
Per Week - 9.4 workouts/ 152.85 miles/ 10.18 hours 
 
As I move forward, I want to thank Wattie Ink & my teammates who have me motivated with their performances and encouragement throughout this past racing season! I am especially motivated by teammates who raced yesterday in Kona and those who have qualified for 2015, already! 
 
Also, thanks to a great list of sponsors Wattie Ink was able to secure for the team - Power Bar, Speedfil, ISM Saddles, Herbalife, Blue Seventy, Rudy Project, ! Your support went a long way in helping me achieve my results in 2014! 2015 will be bigger and better!

ROCK THE W

Me at mile 8 of the 97 Ironman in Kona - I need this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment