Sunday, December 8, 2013

What The World Needs Now Are Some True Words Of Wisdom




"I don’t know what the world may want,
 But a good stiff drink it surely don’t.
 So I think I’ll go and fix myself a tall one."


"Teen Angst" by Cracker

What to blog? What to blog? 

I am already a day late and mind is a blank. Oh the horrors! OK let's think about this....hmmmmmm?

The weather???? Three days ago I am on my bike in 50 degree weather at 7:00AM and then today we are getting the old snow & ice combo that is typical of the river valley here...... Oh wait, last week I promised I would not blog about how much winter sucks! So weather is out......

Training??? Still boring as I am building my base. There won't be anything exciting about training for a few months as long and slow is not exciting. ....so no on that one.........

My 2014 schedule??? Different from most other triathletes out there, not much there as only one definite race (Eagleman 70.3) thus far and a bunch of other possibilities. Not sure how others have so many aces scheduled especially given the cost of some of them......nothing to blog there..........

Another of my unofficial triathlete rules??? None this week as I have decided to only impart my wisdom when inspiration hits me..... Trust me, far from done though!!!!!!!!!

Alright now, why I am making this out like I am having a conversation with myself? I have only had one beer so pretty sure I am not drunk........

Maybe it is time to put it to you....what would you, my readers - if any exist, like to see me blog about in regards to endurance sports? Training, racing, entry fees, beer, coffee, food....you name it and I will try to keep it light and fun. Just trying to keep things real for all those who have gone a bit too far.....  

As with all blogs, here are my new training totals. I guess time for another beer! 

New Training Totals Week  
Bike - 4  rides/ 149 miles/ 6.80 hours/ 21.9 mph  
Run - 3 runs/ 25 miles/ 3.11 hours/ 7:28 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 2.5 miles/ 1.23 hours  
Total - 10 workouts/ 176.5 miles/ 11.15 hours

2013  
Bike - 241 rides/ 7817 miles/ 364.12 hours/ 21.5 mph  
Run - 168 run/ 1093.5 miles/ 134.42 hours/ 7:23 per mile  
Swim - 141 swims/ 132 miles/ 64.92hours  
Total - 550 workouts/ 9042.5 miles/ 563.46 hours

Goals This Week  
Bike - 4-5 rides/ 150-160 miles  
Run -3-4 runs/ 22-26 miles  
Swim - 3 swims/ 2-3 miles  
Total - 11-12 hours



People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?

What am I on?


I am on my bike 7-10 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-3 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week in 2014......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! 


Kona 2014!




5 comments:

  1. Which triathlon race distances do you prefer and why? Are some people just better suited to certain distances? How do the training plans for "shorter" races differ from those for longer races?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the longer races. I am better suited for those because I suck at swimming a need more time to catch the "fish" out of water!!!! Training plans for shorter races typically will have less volume but more intensity.

      Delete
    2. You're not supposed to answer here! I was giving you a blog post idea!!

      Delete
  2. During your base stage do you extend your "long ride" and "long run" by 10% each week or just do the same duration long ride/run?!

    And do you count your strength training with your training hours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My increase in volume is sometimes added to long ride or bike or sometimes I add over several workouts. I just try to achieve that weekly volume goal.

      Delete