Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sometimes I Just Can't Help Myself (You Make It Too Easy)


  

"Sitting with the lights off
  Waiting for my brain to storm
  Trying to work things out"
It's Thunder & It's Lightning by We Were Promised Jetpacks

The above lyrics describe a little of the process that goes into writing this blog each week minus the sitting in the dark. Sitting in the dark would make it a little tough to type. But I do seem to take a while to gather my thoughts and the hardest part is finding the appropriate song. Actually finding the song is the longest part of this process. It has taken me over hour in the past to find a song and the right video version of that song. I am not sure if people actually listen to the music but I guess, aside from my rantings about the state of triathlons I am also trying to expose people to what I believe are some quality bands/musicians. Just doing my part to help all triathletes be a little cooler or as cool as one can be since we run around in spandex  a good part of the day.

After a week hiatus, I am returning to my countdown of my triathlon rules. I was in the middle of writing one rule when I just saw something on Facebook that I could not resist. Sometimes people just make this too easy............

Rule #?? - Posting Pictures Of Training On Indoor Trainer In Race Kit .....NOT COOL!
In my mind, it is already an unwritten rule that training in race kits is not cool and frowned upon but wearing race kit on your indoor trainer and then posting pictures on the internet.......Where do I start but that has to be one if the biggest faux pas a triathlete can make. I know this rule may rub people the wrong way.....but what the hell were you thinking? Do you think it makes people think you are working harder than anyone else because you have that cool kit on? Do you think it makes you look like a professional triathlete because you have race kit on? I will answer both questions for you........NO!!!! Stop It!!

New Training Totals (Not to make me look better but just to motivate me)
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 148 miles/ 6.70 hours/ 22.1 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 26 miles/ 3.30 hours/ 7:37 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.41 hours
Total - 10 workouts/ 177 miles/ 11.41 hours

2013
Bike - 245 rides/ 7965 miles/ 370.82 hours/ 21.5 mph
Run - 171 runs/ 1119.5 miles/ 137.72 hours/ 7:23 per mile
Swim - 144 swims/ 135 miles/ 66.33 hours
Total - 560 workouts/ 9219.5 miles/ 574.37 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 145-60 miles
Run - 3 runs/ 25-28 miles
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles
Total - 11-12 hours

People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?

What am I will I be on?

I will be on my bike 7-10 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-3 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week in 2014......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! 

Kona 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment