Saturday, June 1, 2013

Race Week Is Basically Here


 "My body tells me no
But I wont quit
Cause I want more "
My Body - Young The Giant

It's Saturday evening and 8 days till Eagleman 70.3, so that can only mean one thing......

Beer and blog time! Tonight's beer choice is Barking Squirrel from the Hop City Brewery in NY. It is amazing how versatile beer can be as it can be used for hydration and a good source of carbs!

I know this may disappoint many, but I believe this will be a bit more of a serious blog than a funny one. To be honest, I have not seen that much on Twitter or Facebook this week to give me inspiration. Yes, I still see a bunch of the same stuff I have picked on in previous blogs but you can only beat a dead horse so long. Trust me though, I can only be nice for so long......


With 8 days to go till the race, I feel very confident and relaxed about the work I have put in to get ready for this race. The reduction in volume over the past few weeks has left me feeling refreshed and strong. My paces in all disciplines have picked up with less effort needed. Regardless of outcome next week, I have found a training schedule that will allow me to achieve my training goals and leave me strong for all important workouts. Now once next week is complete, I can finally start to plan the remainder of my season. I have always had some races in mind but I don't want to commit especially if I need to shift my training towards Ironman distance. I must really be nuts to want to tackle that race again......

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 140 miles/ 6.59 hours/ 21.2 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 28 miles/ 3.37 hours/ 7:14 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.52 hours
Total - 10 workouts/ 171 miles/ 11.48 hours

2013
Bike - 117 rides/ 3648 miles/ 167.11 hours/ 21.8 mph
Run - 74 runs/ 442.25 miles/ 54.05 hours/ 7:20 per mile
Swim - 71 swims/ 69.75 miles/ 34.03 hours
Total - 229 workouts/ 3623.75 miles/ 219.64

Goals This Week (Sunday Race)
Bike - 4 rides/ 100-120 miles
Run - 3 runs/18-22 miles
Swim - 3 swims/ 2-3 miles



People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? 
What am I am on? 
I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)
That's what I am on!

Kona 2013

Time for another beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment