Saturday, June 8, 2013

Game On!



Here it is the night before the race and I am relaxing in the hotel room watching TV. Unfortunately not too much on but I guess that won't matter as I have to get to sleep pretty early. OK, night before race, maybe not sleep but at least turn TV and lights off at a decent hour. Why do these things start so early??????


As with every major race, one thing that all competitors look forward to is the expo and the cool free swag (depending on race). For me, it makes a great spot to people watch for an hour or so and, whether for good or bad, get motivation for future blogs. Oh...the things I witnessed today gave me plenty of inspiration for my "Unofficial" Triathlon Rules and maybe even some new rules.

The forecast looks good for some strong racing for all competitors. I am not sure if it is possible for a bike and run course to get any flatter.I feel rested and tapered. It may look like in my training totals that it was a high volume week but with my weeks starting on Sunday (most people start Monday), it added the last longish bike ride to this weeks total. You take that ride out and I am sitting at 110 total miles and 8 hours of training over 6 days. I even got into a nice pattern of sleep that will do my best to emulate all the time.

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 129miles/ 6.27hours/ 20.5 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 17.25 miles/ 2.15 hours/ 7:28 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 2.5 miles/ 1.30 hours
Total - 11 workouts/ 148.75 miles/ 9.72 hours

2013
Bike - 122 rides/ 3777miles/ 173.38 hours/ 21.8 mph
Run - 77 runs/ 459.5 miles/ 56.2 hours/ 7:20 per mile
Swim - 74 swims/ 72.25 miles/ 35.33 hours
Total - 240 workouts/ 4308.75 miles/ 264.91 hours

Goals This Week
I guess we will wait to set goals until after tomorrow


People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? 
 
What am I am on? 
 
I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)
 
That's what I am on!

Kona 2013
                                     Life on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment