Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Don't Know






What next? After last weekend's fiasco with the wheel, it is a question that I asked myself often and have had others also ask this of me a lot.

To be honest....... I don't know.

I do know that I want to take another crack at qualifying for the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas. Now the question is...... where? Syracuse? Muncie? Steelman? Boulder? Timberman? Well, Timberman is out as the qualifying slots that are offered there are for 2014. OK - down to 4 choices but in all reality three choices as I am not feeling Syracuse and the travel involved that soon off of Eagleman. Heading to Muncie would be a long drive but maybe it is an omen as the Muncie Endurathon was the race I qualified for Kona in 1995. Boulder would be nice but the elevation would be killer being I am training at basically seas level. Decisions, decisions, decisions........... Stayed tuned as you never know when the decision will be made! Maybe I can get ESPN to broadcast my decision.

Now an even bigger question to answer....yes, I paid the entry fee and started the race, but am I allowed to wear the t-shirt and use the cool backpack that we received despite the DNF? I know the unwritten rule is too not wear a race t-shirt of a race you never have done, so where does this situation fall in the realms of this rule? The backpack is still in the plastic bag and the t-shirt has not been worn so I am at your mercy.........

New Training Totals:
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 153 miles/ 7.45 hours/ 20.5 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 26 miles/ 3.18 hours/ 7:20 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.45 hours
Total - 10 workouts/ 182 miles/ 12.08 hours

2013
Bike - 126 rides/ 3930 miles/ 180.83 hours/ 21. 7 mph
Run - 80 runs/ 485.5 miles/ 59.38 hours/ 7:20 per mile
Swim - 77 swims/ 75.25 miles/ 36.79 hours
Total - 283 workouts/ 4490.75 miles/ 277 hours

Goals This Week (other than determining next Ironman 70.3 race)
Bike - 4 rides/ 155-175 miles
Run - 3-4 runs/ 26-30 miles
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3 miles

People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?


What am I am on? 

I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)

That's what I am on!

Kona 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment