Saturday, June 29, 2013

Careful Throwing That Stone, A Lot Of Glass Here!



Going truly old school for today's music selection!

Today started my favorite time of the summer.

No I am not talking about a vacation...I am talking about the Tour de France!

Say what you will but there is nothing more motivating to my own training than watching the TdF everyday. Regardless of past scandals, there is no way I am going to miss the broadcast or replay of broadcast of any stage.I am such a TdF junkie that I even get involved with several Fantasy Games and select riders as if I was a team manager. Now I also know there are still many skeptics out there who will question my loyalty to cycling and the TdF. I even recently read this article questioning whether or not the event should be contested since it is filled with cheaters. Really, cheaters, what about baseball and football? Yes cycling is filled with its cheaters but at least when caught they get a punishment that seems worthy, 1-2 years(1st offense)! In the MLB a player gets suspended 50 games and it is only 4 games in the NFL for a first offense. Are you serious? Maybe cycling is not catching all cheats but at least they are testing. In the NFL and MLB, the player's unions are fighting HGH testing because it would require blood testing. A test that the unions claim is to invasive! It is not invasive, it is just that every knows there are a lot of players on it. Read this very informative editorial  that I came upon which seems to back me up. And people question the validity of the Tour?!?!? It is another case of those in glass houses should not throw stones. If you use the first article's argument, we must ask, should the baseball or football season even be held?

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 172 miles/ 8.33 hours/ 20.7 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 27.25 miles/ 3.43 hours/ 7:33 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3.25 miles/ 1.58 hours
Total - 10 workouts/ 202.5 miles/ 13.34 hours

2013
Bike - 134 rides/ 4262 miles/ 196.92 hours/ 21.7 mph
Run - 87 runs/ 541.75 miles/ 66.37 hours/ 7:21 per mile
Swim - 83 swims/ 81.5 miles/ 39.88 hours
Total - 304 workouts/ 4885.25 miles/ 303.17 hours

Goals For Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 155-175 miles
Run - 3 runs/ 25-28 miles (long run of 11)
Swim -4 swims/ 3-4 miles
Race next Saturday or Sunday!

People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?


What am I am on? 
I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)
That's what I am on!

Kona 2014 (Always adjusting goals - Ha Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment