Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sprint Triathlon = B*##s To The Wall


"If you think it's your time, then step to the line, and bring on your wrecking ball"
Wrecking Ball by Bruce Springsteen

After 4 weeks of great training since the broken spoke fiasco at Eagleman, it is time to step to the line and race. If schedules work out, it will be the first of two races in a seven day period. Tomorrow morning, at 8:55AM, my swim wave will go off to start a 750 Meter swim/ 12.25 Mile Bike/ 5K Run Sprint Triathlon. A sprint triathlon can only mean one thing......

Balls to wall, go as hard as you can for 65-70 minutes.

What better way to test your fitness and at the same time break in the new time trial bike!!!!! And regardless of how much a sprint triathlon may hurt, they are a lot of fun and don't take up half of a day. Always nice to get done a race and still have most of the day to do other things like grocery shop (the important stuff). This will be my first race since adding a Time Trial bike to my arsenal. It is not a long bike leg so maximum benefits probably won't be felt as if it I was riding it over a 56 mile course during a 70.3 race. Maybe I won't get all the aerodynamic benefits but at least I will look fast!!! (That has to count for something)

As you can tell, a training week like I just had will also help add to the hurt. No taper here! Training through! A "C" Race! All the shit triathletes say........

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 167 miles/ 7.84 hours/ 21.3 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 25.25 miles/ 3.20 hours/ 7:36 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.51 hours
Total - 10 workouts/ 195.25 miles/ 12.55 hours

2013
Bike - 138 rides/ 4429 miles/ 204.76 hours/ 21.6 mph
Run - 90 runs/ 567 miles/ 69.57 hours/ 7:22 per mile
Swim - 86 swims/ 84.5 miles/ 41.39 hours
Total - 314 workouts/ 5080.5 miles/ 315.72 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 150 miles
Run - 4 runs/ 25 miles
Swim - 4 swim/ 3 miles
2 Races - Sunday/Saturday (Bring on the hurt!)

People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?

What am I am on? 

I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery!
 
That's what I am on!

Kona 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment