Saturday, July 13, 2013

Start Of My Triathlon Camp 2013




OK...maybe it is not a triathlon training camp as most would think as much as it is family vacation.

Like the past two years, my family has rented a house in the Poconos. This year the stay is in a large house on a lake in the Big Bass Lake Community. It is very cool to be on the lake because if allowed I may have to swim across and back for my swim workouts this week. We do have access to the community pool but I have yet to find out if there are schedule lane swimming times (Here's hoping!!!!) Obviously being in the Poconos, finding some hills will not be an issue for the bike or the run. As a matter of fact, tomorrow's ride I mapped could be 50-60 miles and pushing 3000 feet of climbing. As much as I would like to kill myself and train like a maniac, I am still going to keep my normal training schedule as it is also a family vacation. Staying in places like this also make me wonder how cool it would be to have a week like this for training with a bunch of triathletes.

Maybe that is something I will have to arrange for next summer as part of my coaching business! I know I mentioned it a few blogs ago but I am looking to broaden my coaching more into the private sector. I have coached post-collegiate runners but I am hoping to expand that and also eventually get certified as a triathlon coach and broaden my business into triathlon coaching. If I can get that certification, I am hoping to run a adult triathlon camp at the university where I coach the cross-country and track & field teams. Here is a link to my Facebook page for my coaching business Tri It Coaching Services.

If you check out the page, I ask you to please let me know what you think...........

Training Totals
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 172 miles/ 7.87 hours/ 21.90 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 24.5 miles/ 3.00 hours/ 7:21 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 2.5 miles/ 1.26 hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 199 miles/ 12.13 hours

2013
Bike - 143 rides/ 4601 miles/ 212.63 hours/ 21.60 mph
Run - 94 runs/ 591.5 miles/ 72.58 hours/ 7:22 per mile
Swim - 89 swims/ 87 miles/ 42.66 hours
Total - 326 workouts/ 5279.5 miles/ 327.87 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 150-175 miles/ 5000+ feet of climbing
Run - 3-4 runs/ 25-30 miles
Swim - ???
Race - Sprint Tri possible on Saturday

 People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?

What am I am on?


I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery!
 
That's what I am on!

Kona 2014!

Training Base Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment