Saturday, May 25, 2013

So Many Directions To Go



Decisions, decisions, decisions........

Where to go with this blog? Do I have a cliche filled rant like last week or do I pick on the way too serious triathlete? Do I go back to my old ways and just bore with you my weekly training totals? Or do I go into the fact that I can't wait for Eagleman 70.3 and finally racing this year?

Well, we can count out the cliche filled rant as it is not my forte of writing. Anyways, I think I used my year's worth of cliches last week (thankfully). I have no idea what I was thinking when I was writing that blog. Maybe it was the extra chlorine from the extra day of swimming last week??? Maybe it was the beer I was drinking or the shot of tequila? Oops, I have a race in two weeks, should I still be doing that stuff??

Now as for picking on the way too serious, sometimes it is just too easy to do that and I can't help myself when I see things on twitter and Facebook. Sometimes they just make it too easy for me to go off. At the same time, I don't want to have every triathlete or endurance athlete hating on me either, especially since I know not all triathletes are eccentric of OCD. I also know that once in a while, I may find myself breaking one of my own rules.Not often, but I do slip once in a while.

Now that the summer is here and track & field season is over, I promise to sit and write my version of the "unofficial" rules of triathlon. Once complete, I think you will find many of my rules will apply to any other endurance competition (running, bicycling, swimming). I also ask that if you should read my blog, please pass on your suggestions for the rules.Trust me, we have all seen things or even done things that we know should not be done or be done! Regardless of what direction I or you take these rules, all will lead back to one of my top rules......don't take yourself to seriously! Have fun! Time for a beer.........

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 141 miles/ 6.48 hours/ 21.7 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 29.5 miles/ 3.66 hours/ 7:26 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.51 hours
Total - 11 workouts/ 173.5 miles/ 11.65 hours

2013
Bike - 113 rides/ 3508 miles/ 160.52 hours/ 21.8 mph
Run - 71 runs/ 414.25 miles/ 50.67 hours/ 7:21 per mile
Swim - 68 swims/ 66.5 miles/ 32.51 hours
Total - 252 workouts/ 3988.75 miles/ 243.7 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 135-145 miles
Run -  3 runs/ 23-25 miles (long run of 85:00)
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3 miles

People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? 
 
What am I am on? 
 
I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)
 
That's what I am on!

Kona 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment