Sunday, May 5, 2013

But Yet I Still Blog About It


What to blog this time?

How does someone make what I do sound exciting?

I know I use this blog as motivation to get my old ass out each day to train but I am sure for those that read the blog it can't be very entertaining. It almost has to be downright boring. In all seriousness, I ask.....How does someone make close to 14 hours of training even remotely sound entertaining?? Hence, the music video with each blog. I figure if you at least take the time to watch the video or listen to the music selection of the week you may actually read the rest of the blog. If you don"t read the rest, at least you took the time to check out what I feel is some good music. Not sure why the last few week the music selection has been some of the classic music I listened to when I was college. Hell, I am pretty sure that if I ask everyone on the cross-country/track & field teams I coach at Susquehanna University, only about 5-10 of the 80-85 athletes I coach have ever heard of The Cure, Depeche Mode or New Order. Whether somewhat current bands or bands from my college days, this music is what gets me through a lot of workouts. As much as many people think I am driven and dedicated, trust me, there are many days if not for the music I would shorten or even bag some workouts!

But then I realize, with the amount of ice cream I eat at lunch everyday, if I don't workout I would gain about 10 pounds in one week! With that in mind comes my motivation!!!

It brings to questions one of life's biggest conundrums  ....Do I eat because of the amount of working out I do or do I workout because of the amount I eat? 

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 6 rides/ 187 miles/ 9.36 hours/ 20.0mph/ 3700 feet of climbing
Run - 4 runs/ 25 miles/ 3.01 hours/ 7:16 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.50 hours
Total - 13 workouts/ 215 miles/ 13.89 hours

2013
Bike - 99 rides/ 3030 miles/ 138.01 hours/ 21.9mph
Run - 60 runs/ 337.25 miles/ 41.16 hours/ 7:19 per mile
Swim - 58 swims/ 56.5 miles/ 27.56 hours
Total - 217 workouts/ 3423.75 miles/ 206.73 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 165-175 miles
Run - 4 runs/ 25-28 miles
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3 miles


People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?
 
What am I am on? 
 
I am on my bike 8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)
 
That's what I am on!

Kona 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment