Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Alive and Kicking



This might be the latest past my typical Saturday or Sunday post time that I have submitted a new post. I actually wondered if I should just wait till the end of this and just combine two weeks. But if I did that, I would be disappointing my adoring fans (OK - maybe a little presumptuous) as you must already be wondering if I am alive and training. No worries....I am (both alive and training).

It was just a crazy weekend of track & field. My teams were competing at the Landmark Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships. The men and women Crusaders of Susquehanna University both placed 2nd at the championships. Watching my teams compete is definitely one of the best motivators I have to get out there and kick my ass everyday! Now, being we were out of town, I was not able to bike (on what was the best weekend of weather all year) but I was able to run on a great rail to trail each day. Now only if we could get something like this near Selinsgrove!

Training continues to go well and I feel miles ahead of where I was last year at this point. The unfortunate part right now is that there is still 40 days until Eagleman 70.3. Seeing everyone post on Facebook and Twitter about their races and watching my teams compete each weekend does not do much to calm my anxiousness for racing! I have about two more weeks of a high volume of training and then will begin to taper. Even as much as I am anxious to start racing, I have yet to decide on a full race schedule. Everything for the remainder of the summer will depend on the results of Eagleman. Nothing like putting a little pressure on oneself to motivate you!

New Training Totals:
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 164 miles/ 7.83hours/ 21.0 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 24.25 miles/ 2.91 hours/ 7:12 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3.25 miles/ 1.60hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 191.5 miles/ 12.34 hours

2013
Bike - 93 rides/ 2842 miles/ 128.65 hours/ 22.1 mph
Run - 56 runs/ 312.25 miles/ 38.12 hours/ 7:19 per mile
Swim - 55 swims/ 53.5 miles/ 26.06 hours
Total - 204 workouts/ 3204.75 miles/ 192.86 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 160-175 miles
Run - 3-4 runs/ 22-26 miles
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3 miles



People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? 
What am I am on? 
I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)
That's what I am on!

Kona 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment