Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just Having Fun But Might Be Offensive To Some




Knowing has been 8 months since I last raced and still 7 weeks till I race again, I have to believe reading about my training has got to be getting old! Trust me, I would not be offended if someone told me this blog is on the boring side. Sometimes I have thought about if I should try to make the blog entertaining before I bore you with  training stats! What would I blog about that some would find entertaining? Once in a while, I get the motivation to write some blogs after seeing or reading some things on twitter or facebook but I often use my filter and not blog about it for fear of offending other triathletes especially since I am one. Once in a while I see things that are just too tough to resist and I think today is one of those days.........

I know I once blogged that triathletes quite often go to ridiculous extremes (no alcohol, no sugar, no soda, gluten free) in their training and at the same time wonder why we get picked on by runners, cyclist and swimmers. Believe me, when I say this, they don't pick on us because they are jealous!!! I also know there are extremist like this in all sports but for some reason triathletes go the extra mile. Now that I have stretched this out but here are some things that we as triathletes can work on and still compete at a high level........

1. Eat real food!!! Nothing wrong with ice cream, beef or candy!
2. Drink soda.....we already consume a crazy amount on coffee for caffeine.
3. Drink a beer or glass of wine or do a shot! One drink won't kill your day of training!
4. Don't train in triathlon racing kits! Doesn't look cool. Sleeveless on bike is not ideal.
5. If on a training ride - leave aero-helmet at home!!!
6. Compression gear doesn't always look cool in public.
7. At an expo - don't wear the t-shirt from the previous year! That is like going to a concert wearing a t-shirt of the band you are there to see! We know you are a fan, you are there!

I encourage all to add more rules and maybe we can come up with a list for all future triathletes. Now that I have offended most triathletes, now to my guilty pleasure that triathletes like to take to extremes, bragging about my boring training. I also ask if I should ever be caught breaking these rules, please call me out!

New Training Totals:
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 161 miles/ 7.7.56 hours/ 21.3 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 23.75 miles/ 2.59 hours/ 7:18 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3,25 miles/ 1.56hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 187 miles/ 12.01 hours

2013
Bike - 88 rides/ 2678 miles/ 1120.81 hours/ 22.1 mph
Run - 52 runs/ 288 miles/ 35.21 hours/ 7:20 per mile
Swim - 52 swims/ 50.25 miles/ 24.46 hours
Total - 192 workouts/ 3016.25 miles/ 180.48 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 160-175 miles
Run - 3-4 runs/ 22-26 miles
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3 miles


People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? 

What am I am on? 

I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! (Oh yeah, can't forget the eye drops 2x's a day)

That's what I am on!

Kona 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment