Sunday, April 7, 2013

Coffee, Moose Tracks & Beer - The Ultimate Post Tri Recovery!

  
With each passing week, I am getting more anxious to get this 2013 triathlon season underway. My training continues to go well despite the non-cooperative weather pattern though this past week and the forecast shows signs of breaking out of winter. I am not ready to put the winter training gear away just yet as living in central PA could result in snow any day of April. It is also tough to stay patient when everyone seems to be tweeting about races or their status mentions racing. I guess me living in an area where racing seems to be in full swing could be a double edge sword as I might race to much. 
Now that I think about that last statement I don't think I would have to worry about that as races are way to damn expensive! In my return to triathlons, the biggest shock that I have had thus far has been the entry fees. I understand a lot goes into hosting a race but does it really cost that much??? Better yet, if I am going to pay that much in an entry fee; is it too much to ask for, let's say free beer after a race (And no I would not be driving home after)?!?!?! Or maybe more than just bananas, sliced bagels, orange slices and mini-cups of yogurt. I get the whole thing about recovery but that combination just does not cut it for me. If you really want to get my entry fee......have an endless supply of coffee available after the race (add some Moose Tracks and I'll never leave)... Now we are talking recovery there!
New Training Totals Week Bike - 5 rides/ 161 miles/ 7.29 hours/ 22.1 mph Run - 3 runs/ 22 miles/ 2.72 hours/ 7:25 per mile Swim - 3 swims/ 3.25 miles/ 1.56 hours Total - 11 workouts/ 186.25 miles/ 11.57 hours 2013 Bike - 78 rides/ 2347 miles/ 105.22 hours/ 22.3 Run - 45 runs/ 242.75 miles/ 29.70 hours/ 7:21 per mile Swim - 46 swims/ 44.25 miles/ 21.55 hours Total - 169 workouts/ 2634 miles/ 156.47 hours Goals This Week Bike - 5 rides/ 160-175 miles Run - 3-4 runs/ 22-25 miles Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3-4 miles
Kona/Vegas 2013!!!
 
People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? 
 
What am I am on? 
 
I am on my bike 7-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! 
 
That's what I am on!

No comments:

Post a Comment