Saturday, October 5, 2013

Know Your Audience




Transition phase is complete!

So now it is time to starting getting for the 2014 race season. Last night I registered for what I guess most triathletes would classify as a "A" race, Eagleman Ironman 70.3 on June 8, 2014. It may seem like a long way off to begin getting ready but I figured if I plan to qualify for Kona, it just may take some extra miles in the training plan once I do. I will say that this 3 week transition phase has left me feeling very refreshed and ready to start building some base. I think it is pretty funny that I think that cutting back to just over 10 hours of training these past three weeks was cutting back!

But I guess since there will not be much excitement to report in training, it is time to continue my unofficial rules for triathletes.

Rule # ?
Despite what you might think about what we do, the average person does not think what we do is all that awesome or bragging worthy . 



For the most part, and they may be right most of time, people think triathletes are insane! If you really think honestly about what we do....they are correct. What normal person gets up at the asscrack of dawn to torture our bodies like we do. To most people we pretty much exercise and not actually participate in sport. So before you go bragging about your training or racing, know your audience! (This rule applies equally to almost any endurance athlete). There only a few places where bragging is appropriate but I will save them for another rule!

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 132 miles/ 6.49 hours/ 20.3 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 26 miles/ 3.10 hours/ 7:09 per mile
Swim - 2 swims/ 1.75 miles/ .93 hours
Total - 10 workouts/ 159.75 miles/ 10.52 hours

2013
Swim - 198 rides/ 6436 miles/ 299.39 hours/ 21.5 mph
Run - 139 runs/ 907 miles/ 111.27 hours/ 7:21 per mile
Swim - 116 swims/ 109.5 miles/ 54.05 hours
Total - 453 workouts/ 7452.5 miles/ 54.05 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 4 rides/ 140-60 miles
Run - 4 runs/ 26-28                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

People will often ask what am I on to complete my training?
What am I will I be on?



I will be on my bike 7-10 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-3 hours a week and on the roads running 2-3 hours a week in 2014......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! 

Kona 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment