Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Week And Yet More Rain For Central PA



The crazy weather continues for Central PA and the Susquehanna Valley. It basically rained at some point almost everyday of this past week. I think the longest stretch we went with no measurable rain was 3 days. For the month of September, I believe we had over 17 inches of rain and October has basically started off the same way with rain yesterday and into this morning. It is almost at the point where most people are shocked when it does not rain. Then to top it off the past two days have be unseasonably cool with temps barely making the 50's. Someday soon, I hope the weather pattern will return to normal.

Training continues to go well. Now I was forced on to the indoor trainer two times this week because of weather and cross-country meet. The day of the meet was fun as I was on the trainer for 23 miles at 4:30AM so I could meet the team at school to travel to Paul Short Invitational. Most rides this week were flat also. I believe I barely hit 1000 feet of climbing this week. I also reduced some of the mileage and will continue to do so little by little as the year unwinds. This week I will also start back in the weight room and adding some running to the weekly training schedule.

New Training Totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 239 miles/ 10hours 55minutes/ 21.9mph/1,083 feet of climbing
September - 32 rides/1140 miles/ 52hours 12 minutes/ 21.7mph/ 13,996 feet of climbing
Year - 282 rides/ 9972 miles/ 466hours 55minutes/ 21.4mph
Avg Ride - 35.4/ 1hour 39minutes/ 21.4mph

Goals for week:
7 rides/ 220-40 miles/ 10.5-12 hours/ 3000 feet of climbing
2 days of weight training/ 2 running days

TdO '12!

No comments:

Post a Comment