Sunday, October 9, 2011

10,000+ Miles For The Year!



With the passing of 10,000 miles of riding for the year, I have officially passed through the typical mileage per year of a car warranty. Wish I could get the same warranty on the body especially with my back acting up over the past week. It has been very stiff like it was after the accident but at least I am not getting the sharp pains I felt after that. The stiffness just kind of came out of nowhere as I cannot recall doing anything different over the past 2 weeks. I am hoping today is a good sign of it is getting better as it has been no where as stiff as the previous 3 days. I will say this (with sarcasm of course) , nothing like standing and moving around a hilly cross-country course when your back feels that still. And riding on a bus that is older than every runner on the team does not help one bit.

Despite the back, training continues to go well. I have switched my training into more of a maintenance mode and I am focusing on getting some decent mileage on the bike but not killing myself. Race season on the road is basically over and if I can get into some cyclocross races I will not need a ton of miles in my training week to be ready for that. I was able to also add two days of weight training into my schedule. It felt so good to get back into the weight. Biking has not adversely affected my back but I have been smart and kept my cycling flat for the week. I am hoping to be able to tackle some mor ehills this week.

Training Totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 225 miles/ 10hours 11minutes/ 22.1mph/ 761 feet of climbing
October - 9 rides/ 302 miles/ 13hours 45minutes/ 21.9mph/ 906 feet of climbing
2011 - 289 rides/ 10,197 miles/ 477hours 8minutes/ 21.6mph
Average per week - 7 rides/ 247 miles/ 11hours 33minutes/ 21.6mph

This week's goals
7 rides, 210-240 mile, 10.5-12 hours of riding
2 days of weight training/ 2 days running (if back is good)

TdO '12!

No comments:

Post a Comment