Sunday, October 30, 2011

More Crazy Weather - Freak Snow Storm To End October



You would have thought it was the Christmas Holiday versus Halloween. Yesterday, parts of PA was hit by a freak snowstorm that dropped 6 inches to a foot of snow from Central PA to Eastern PA. This has been the strangest past 2 months for weather I can recall. Last month, we had record rainfall and flooding and then we finish it off with a snowstorm. It truly made for a brutal day for a cross-country championships around the state. Many races weer contested in 4-6 inches of snow and made for treacherous footing for the athletes and tough driving conditions for the bus drivers. I am almost scared to ask......what is next?

Training continues to go well. I spent this week entirely on the bike. I have been feeling a little bit of a cold after running the relay last weekend. I think the constant getting in an out of the car on relay day made it easier for me to come down with this cold. I am hoping this week to get back to 2-3 days of running and 2 days of weight training. With the start of November this week, I will truly begin my transition phase to prep for next year's training.

New training totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 224 miles/ 9hours 45minutes/ 23.0mph
October - 29 rides/ 965 miles/ 43hours 17minutes/ 22.3mph
Year - 309 rides/ 10,860 miles/ 506 hours 40minutes/ 21.6mph

Goals for this week
7 rides/ 210-225 miles/ 9.5-11 hours
2-3 days of running
2 days of lifting

It is time to start planning a race schedule for next year!

TdO '12 - Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment