Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tussey Mountainback Relay Done - 20 Miles Of Running!



Well another week of contemplating a return to triathlons. I have definitely been watching to many of the Ironman motivating videos on Youtube. Some of the motivation comes from getting somewhat ready for the Tussey Mountainback Relay. It is a relay covering 50 miles around Mt. Tussey near State College, PA. I am a member of a 6 person relay with one of my former athletes. A few years ago, we participated in the vent as 4 person team. I am very thankful for it being a 6 person team this year. This week I have been able to get 3 runs of 3.1 miles with my time getting quicker each run. Yesterday I had my fastest day of 21:30 for a 5K jog. Friday was also the first time that my body felt loose and natural running. I am also being patient with the extremely slow times but I can see those times dropping quickly if I continue to run.
http://www.tusseymountainback.com/

Now, even though adding some running to my training, I have not missed a beat on the bike. I still manage six good days of riding this week. The cooler mornings have meant the unveiling of all the thermal riding gear. I am also at the point where I know racing is pretty much done so it is time to start the maintenance phase of training and start to freshen the mind and body for next year. With today off to run in the relay, I still managed 6 rides this week. For the most part, the rides have been flat due to back issues the past 3-4 weeks. It is almost at a point where I can start to hit some hills again. I am getting bored with the same flat out and back but I want to be safe with the back. New training totals:
Week – 6 rides/ 207 miles/ 9hours 23minutes/ 22.1mph/ 400 feet of climbing
October - 22 rides/ 741 miles/ 33hours 31minutes/ 22.1mph/ 2000 feet of climbing
Year - 302 rides/ 10,636 miles/ 494hours 54minutes/ 21.5mph
Average – 35.2miles/ 1hour 38minutes/ 21.5mph
Goals for week:
Biking – 7 rides/ 10-11 hours/ 210-220 miles
Running – 3 days/ 10-12 miles
Lifting – 1-2 days
Ironman or TdO ’12…….either way I know I will win TdO ’12!

No comments:

Post a Comment