Sunday, September 25, 2011

Almost Time To Plan For Next Year's Race Season



I have come to the conclusion this week, that the reality of finding a road race to finish off the season of 2011 is very slim. While I am very happy with the way the few races I was able to enter went, I am very disappointed that I was not able to race more often. Granted, my lack of races early in the season was slightly out of my control. It is always tough to schedule races during the track & field season and of course getting hit by a car will put a damper on plans for several weeks. Despite the lack of races, I am extremely happy about the way my training has been going this year. I know with another 7-8 months of training under my belt, the 2012 season will get off to an amazing start. I am hoping to be out of Cat 5 by the end of June into July. That will mean taking advantage of every weekend early in the spring around the track & field schedule to get some starts.

Training this past week has been very good. We managed to avoid some of the forecasted rain for the week and I was able to get outside all but one day. The only day inside was yesterday and that was because of our cross-country meet and I need to ride before I head to school to meet the team to catch the bus. Of course at 5:30AM when I start riding it is dark!!! I figure I will ease back on the mileage soon to freshen up for the next training year.

New training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 250 miles/ 11hours 22minutes/ 22.0mph/ 2313 feet of climbing
September - 26 rides/ 947 miles/ 43hours 46minutes/ 21.5mph/ 15,299 feet of climbing
Year - 275 rides/ 9733 miles/ 456hours 00minutes/ 21.4mph
Average per ride - 35.4 miles/ 1hour 39minutes

This week's goals:
245-275 miles/ 11-13 hours/ 3000-5000 feet of climbing

In October I also want to start to add a few days (2-3) of running and resistance training each week. As strong as I have felt on the bike this past year, I know a little more power in the legs will go a long way.

TdO '12!

No comments:

Post a Comment