Sunday, September 11, 2011

Flooding And No Race!



Well, what a crazy week it was around here with rain and flooding! From Sunday to Thursday, Selinsgrove received nearly 10 inches of rain and with living along the river and the rest of Central PA getting hammered also, that meant some extreme flooding of the Susquehanna River. It also meant that from Tuesday to Thursday, I was stuck on the indoor trainer. Man, I am already dreading winter training as it can be so mind and ass numbing riding the indoor trainer. The weather did not effect training for the team. We were able to get all workouts although as much as I don't like using the track during XC season, it was the only safe place for the team to workout. This upcoming Saturday, we will be running our annual Ashley Tomlinson Alumni 3 Mile Run. We are expecting a decent amount of alumni as this year marks the 50th season of cross-country at Susquehanna University.

Also due to the flooding, I, as well as many others, decided to not partake in the Milton Harvest Festival 28 Mile Road Race. Milton, PA was hot harder than Selinsgrove with the flooding from the Susquehanna River. For two days, people could not even get into or out of Milton. I had never seen anything like this. Well, the race organizers decided that were going through with the race regardless even though none of them could even get out to see the course prior to race day and even said on facebook " the race was still on even though it maybe a disaster zone." It may have turned out well but that was a chance I was not willing to take given that it was the same organization that directed the race when I was struck by a car because an intersection was no manned. I decided to get a quality ride instead on yesterday!

Training went very this week despite the 3 days on the trainer. I was able to keep some decent mileage but obviously the hill climbing suffered this week. Hopefully we will raise that back up this week. I am still searching out some rides or races to finish off the season then get into cyclocross. Today, I finished the week off with my longest ride on the new bike. I did a 58 mile ride with a few decent climbs at 21.6mph.

New training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 263 miles/ 11hours 48minutes/ 22.30mph/ 2699 feet of climbing
Sept - 12 rides/ 446 miles/ 20hours 44minutes/ 21.70mph/ 7374 feet of climbing
2011 - 261 rides/ 9232 miles/ 433hours 00minutes/ 21.50mph
Avg per ride - 35.4 miles/ 1hour 39minutes/ 21.50mph

This week's goals
250-275 miles/ 12-14 hours/ 7000+ feet of climbing (& no flooding!)

As soon as I figured some rides or races (if any), I will be blogging about them!

Keep training hard and smart!

TdO '12!!! He should have taken me down this year while he had the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment