Sunday, September 18, 2011

Running Out Of Chances To Race On The Road!



It is hard to believe that the opportunities to race on the road are dwindling every week. It is also made tougher with my teams racing on Saturdays and it seems that most bike races are on that day. While I did get to start 3 races and have a pretty good showing in each race (minus the crash with the car!), I wish I had more chances to race especially with how strong I have felt on the bike the past month or so. I also know that the crash cost me 4-5 opportunities to race due to recovery and waiting on new bike. While I may not have moved up from Cat 5 this summer, I would have moved up early next spring and not have to deal with a lot of the chaos of Cat 5 races. The year is not over yet and I am already looking forward to a dominating season on the road next year!

Training this week went very well. We did manage to avoid a lot of rain and no flooding like the previous week. The one change was much cooler weather rolled in late in the week and made for a chilly 4045 degree ride this past Friday. It was a welcome change. Today was another beautiful day with temperatures in the upper 50's for most of the ride and bright sunshine. On Wednesday, I had one of best workouts on the new bike. I had two long steady segments during a ride of 35 miles. The first segment was 12 miles averaging 24mph after a 1/2 mile spin I began a 15 mile segment where I averaged 25.03mph!!!! In all I averaged over 23mph for the 35 mile ride.

New training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 251 miles/ 11hours 38minutes/21.6mph/ 5,344 feet of climbing
Sept - 19 rides/ 697 miles/ 32hours 23minutes/ 21.4mph/ 12,986 feet of climbing
Year - 268 rides/ 9483 miles/ 444hours 38minutes/ 21.4mph
Average per ride: 35.4 miles/ 1hour 39minutes

Goals for this week
250-275 miles/ 11-13hours/ 5000+ feet of climbing

I figure I continue on the series side of training for another 4-5 weeks and then start to drop some mileage and refresh for next year. I think the 2012 season of racing on the road will be a huge season!

TdO '12 - with another 8-10 months of training under my belt by next summer.....we know what the outcome will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment