Monday, June 6, 2011

Time To Race Again!!!



Almost feeling 100% after the bike crash! I have started working with a chiropractor within the last week and I can feel a difference (slightly). I still have days when the back still feels pretty stiff. It is not painful but just a dull nagging ache or tightness. It acts up mostly when I attempt to jump out of the saddle to hammer a little. Because of this, I put a 1 week extension on my comeback to racing. I am hoping to get back out there racing this weekend. Below are the links to two possible races this weekend:

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=13282

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=13238

Despite the back, training has been going extremely well still. Granted I have been limited to doing a flat out back course basically everyday until back can handle some hills. Today was the first time that the back did not tighten up when I popped off the saddle. So, who knows, maybe tomorrow morning I will be able to head for the hills. I really do hope so because I do like riding the hills here in Central PA. I am also hoping to be able to start joining some of the group rides!

Despite all flat rides, I was able to up the minutes on the bike back to where they were prior to the crash. Once the back is 100%, it will also be time to get back in the weight room. I know the addition of weight training back in the schedule will take my cycling to the next level. I already feel incredible and strong on the hills.

New Training Totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 249 miles/ 11hours 36minutes/ 21.50mph
June - 5 rides/ 177 miles/ 8hours 19minutes/ 21.30mph
Year - 158/ 5255miles/ 241hours 37minutes/ 21.80mph
Per Ride Average - 33.25miles/ 1hour 31minutes/ 21.80mph

It is also now pretty much officially summertime. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing quiet summer. Not much on the agenda as of yet. Of course, there will be plenty of biking, time at the "Lot" and the TdO '11!!!

Stayed tuned for more details regarding the Epic event!

No comments:

Post a Comment