Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Bike!!!!!!



The week was highlighted, not only by great training, but the purchase of a sweet new bike. I received my check from the insurance company of the driver who hit me during the race. I headed up to The Bicycle Shop in State College, PA to check out a Cannondale CAAD 9 with Dura Ace! As soon as I got on it I knew this would be the new toy!!! While shopping and talking with the workers, I decided it was also time to add another toy to the purchase and get the Garmin Edge 500 with Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor. What a great purchase that is turning to be already. It is so much easier to analyze each ride. Maybe a bit too much information for me to go crazy over while analyzing each ride...lol

The week also brought the hills back into trainer. With each appointment with the chiropractor, I can feel the back getting better. I would say at this point it is about 95% recovered. In the five rides since getting the new bike and Garmin, I have had a total of 7616 feet of climbing. The first ride up the hills kind of kicked my ass a but I can feel the climbing legs getting back under me with each ride. This week was my second biggest week of training this year.

Week - 7 rides/ 270 miles/ 13hours 2minutes/ 20.70mph
Month - 19 rides/ 701 miles/ 33hours 17minutes/ 21.10mph
Year - 172 rides/ 5779 miles/ 266hours 35minutes/ 21.80mph

Now next Saturday, I will be racing for the first time since the crash. I have been wanting to race but I will admit I am still a bit nervous on the bike especially on downhills. I guess that is normal given I was hit on a downhill. I am still a little quick on the brakes which kind of sucks since I am flying up the hills with ease right now. Next week's race:

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=11717

This blog's music selection is in honor of Clarence "The Big Man" Clemons!!!

TdO 11!!

No comments:

Post a Comment