Sunday, June 12, 2011

Maybe This Week!



The back is almost ready. I would say I am between 90-95% back to being able to race. I have be able to add more hills to my rides but nothing that really requires me to get out of the saddle at any point. The back is still stiff and aches slightly when I try to jump out of the saddle. I also figured out that for now that up to a 2 hour ride is my limit. With all of that said, I put racing on hold yet one more week. I am also waiting as there is a very good chance I could have my new bike early next week.

There are a couple race that I am looking at for the next few weekends. My biggest drive for getting back into racing so quickly is to get my CAT 5 starts so I can move up to CAT 4 and race at least slightly longer. Some possibilities:

http://www.bikereg.com/events/Register.asp?EventID=13534 - 18 laps
http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=13603 - 22 laps
http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=11717 - 32KM

I am also looking for some longer road races (regardless of certification) because I had so much fun over the Mon Tour. I believe the longer a race is the better off I am. It is also very motivating to think about racing long especially while watching the Criterium du Dauphine and Tour de Suisse. In just over 3 week, it will be the start of the Tour de France.

Training continues to go very well. I had a very good week and felt incredibly strong on the small hills I was able to add to my training. I believe this week I will be able to add some more hills to my rides. I have a few more appointments with the chiropractor to help loosen the back up. I can definitely tell a difference in my pedal efficiency after a few appointments. New training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 254 miles/ 11hours 56minutes/ 21.30mph
Month - 12 rides/ 431 miles/ 20hours 15minutes/ 21.30mph
Year - 165 rides/ 5509 miles/ 253hours 33minutes/ 21.80mph
Weekly average - 233.71 miles/ 10hours 44minutes/ 21.80mph

It looks like August is going to be the best time for the TdO 11!!! There will be some training together in the hills of the Poconos come early July. I won't won't beat him up too much on the hills. It will be quite a change from the flat roads of South Jersey for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment