Sunday, June 26, 2011

No Official Results Yet...Regardless A Good Race!!



I guess getting results for a bicycle event takes a bit longer than road running but regardless it was a very good starting event yesterday!! I competed in the Browstone Road Race in my first USA Cycling certified event, so that meant a short race of 20.4 miles. The race itself was a 5.1 mile loop that we covered 4 times. It was a rolling course with lots of rollers and quite breezy in some sections. Obviously, after the last attempt at racing, the plan was no run ins with a car! It was a good learning experience but I still found myself a little apprehensive in the crowds especially after that crash. I finished with the lead group (right on the back of it) of about 15 riders or so. I did not get involved with the sprints "shit show" finish as even on some of the hills a lot of the riders had a hard time holding their lines. In all I covered the 4 loops (20.4 miles) in 50:39 or 24.2 mph with 766 feet of total climbing! I came away feeling like I could have gone another 4 loops at the same pace.

Training continues to go very well. I continue to make improvements in my training especially as the back gets closer to 100%. I love being able to tackle all the monster hills here in Central PA. This past week in 7 days of riding I did a combined 6882 feet of climbing and 14,498 feet in the last two weeks. My goal for this week is 8000 feet. I am also looking forward to next week as I will get a week of training in the Poconos in Lackawaxen, PA - new roads and new hills! Training also improves because of being able to analyze a lot more details of my rides through the Garmin.

New Training Totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 276 miles/ 13hours 15minutes/ 21.0mph
June - 26 rides/ 977 miles/ 46hours 32minutes/ 21.10mph
Year - 179 rides/ 6,055 miles/ 279hours 51minutes/ 21.8mph

In the race, I wore a 4K for Cancer jersey which was given to me by one of my athletes who is currently biking from Baltimore, MD to Portland, OR. He is participating in the ride with other college students and raising money for cancer awareness. Even though the ride is in progress it is never to late to give. Please check out his webpage which includes blogs from the road:

http://4kforcancer.org/profiles/nate-wineland/

I am now checking schedules to figure out when my next race will be as I want to get back at it as soon as possible. As soon as I get official results from Saturday and pick my next week, I will get that information on here.

TdO 11!!! Epic just can't describe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment