Monday, January 31, 2011

End of Base 1 - Now Training Picks Back Up!



Well the first stretch of base is done. It was a very good 4 weeks and after a relaxing weekend, I feel ready for Base 2 to start. I am starting to get used to the craziness of trying to get all the hours around a coaching schedule. It can get a bit hectic, but at least it makes the time fly by. With each passing week though, it does get me more excited for the upcoming race schedule. I am really looking forward to the series in March. Yeah, it may be starting off as a Cat 5 but hey you have to start somewhere.

Last week was an easy week with just over 8 hours spent on the bike. The rides were steady rides with no ride longer than 1 hour 15 minutes. The legs feel very fresh after a good solid 4 weeks of training. The resistance program is really paying off. I can feel a considerable difference in my pedaling efficiency and power. I have been able to increase the weights at a pretty good rate. The funny about being in the weight room is the weird looks I get from my team. They are not used to seeing me in the weight room and often joke about having to show me how to use the equipment!!!

Here are the new training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 8 hours 31 minutes/ 193 miles/ 22.4 mph
Base 1 - 28 rides/ 42 hours 26 minutes/ 935 miles/ 22mph
January - 30 rides/ 45 hours 56 minutes/ 1012 miles/ 22.1mph

With one more ride to go in January (today), it is already my biggest month of training since I have got back on the bike in September.

This week the goal for the week is back up to 10.5 hours with a long ride of 2 hours. I say 2 hours as the weather forecast looks like it will be one more week with no rides outside. The week calls for cold, snow and ice this week. This has been a brutal winter around here. I am so looking forward to getting outside and getting some 3-4 hour rides.

Track season is full swing now and I will be adding to the blog with some updates regarding the team within the next day or two.....I will be updating their quest for the "Triple Crown."


TdO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment