Sunday, January 23, 2011

Training keeps rolling!!



Just returned from our first home indoor track & field meet of the 2010-11 season. It was a small meet and felt good to be done the meet by 4:30 but of course after some decompressing time finally get home around 7PM. Now it's time to relax and update the blog.

With the weather so far this winter, I am beginning to think I may not get outside to ride till maybe June. It has been bitterly cold here and it seems that every 3-4 days another snow or icy mix event rolls by. Even tonight, for most of Central PA the forecast calls for temperatures to dip below zero. That is way too cold for me. The chilly temps outside even made for a very cool fieldhouse today but made it made very nice for running. Overall the team did very well with several school records being set even one that stood since 1990.

Training this week went very well. For the most part I accomplished what I needed to (except for my running days - lol). I have been biking so much that sometimes I am finding it tough to get out and run. This week I will run, I promise. I did get my two days of lifting and may take it up to three this week. I have been increasing the weights and can feel a big difference in the legs when pedaling. I feel so much stronger since getting back on weight training schedule 3 weeks ago. This week on the bike itself was my biggest week since getting back on the bike and training regularly starting in September. The new training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 11hours 50 minutes/ 264 miles/ 22.30mph
Year - 23 rides/ 37 hours 25 minutes/ 821 miles / 21.90mph

Yesterday, I did manage to get my highest amount of time on indoor trainer since starting with a ride of 2 hours and 10 minutes. To be honest, I could not imagine going much longer than that, so the weather has to improve sometime soon. I hope!!!!!

Now this next week, is the final week of my first phase of base training and a bit of a taper week. I will get my 2-3 days of running this and the minimum two days of lifting. The plan on the bike is to reduce the time on the bike to 8-9 hours. I am looking forward to the upcoming race season. It will a fun experience as I learn a lot and work my up the ranks. I am also still in the process of accumulating gadgets for my cyclocross frame.

TdO 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment