Monday, February 7, 2011

Crazy week Over!!!



What a crazy week but life is really good!!!!!

Just finished a weekend of hosting a high school track & field meet. We had 750 athletes scheduled to compete in a complete indoor track & field meet schedule. Meet started at 10am on Super Bowl Sunday and lasted till 5pm. It was a busy day but a very fun day. My teams look forward each year to hosting the high school athletes. The hardest part of the week is entering all the athletes into the Hytek System and praying we did not make too many mistakes transferring the information from the coach's entry forms. Next year, we are going to Direct Athletics so I can have a little less stressful week next year leading up to the meet.

Despite the craziness, I was able to get a solid week of training. This past week was the first week of Base 2. I am now in the phase of training where I start to add some workouts where I get the heart rate into Zone 3. I can feel myself getting stronger on the bike each week. Last week was a great week as I got a solid workout on Tuesday with a 40:00 tempo in Zone 3 during my 90:00 ride. Now I did get one good day of weight training but I missed day 2 because of prepping for the high school meet. Here are the new training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 231 miles/ 10 hours 7 minutes/ 22.90mph
Year - 37 rides/ 1243/56 hours 3 minutes/ 22.5mph

This week the goal is to get 11.5 hours and get back to 2 days of lifting. The week should be a lot less hectic as we get back into our collegiate meet schedule. They are so much easier to organize since we use Direct Athletics for those meets. We have 2 more home meets then we host our conference championships. Hopefully soon the weather will break soon, so I can get outside and ride. Training has been great on the trainer, but damn does it get old quickly!!!! It is almost like clockwork but it seems that about every 3 days or so some snow falls on Central PA and prolongs our winter. Good Phil says an early spring is coming but I am not to sure he will be right this year! Also getting closer to time to start really nailing down the race schedule. This week I will get my racing license to go along with my coaching license.

I figure it will soon be time to add to blog and randomly pick topics and maybe throw some midweek rants into the mix. Seems like a lot going on now that maybe just break my stress might be good to write it all down.....Stay tuned........

Here is to a great week of training!!! TdO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment