Monday, February 28, 2011

Crazy Week, Base 2 & Landmark Championships All Over



What a crazy week? Crazy but the perfect week for a down week to end Base 2 and the month of February. I hope to have more answers about the craziness tomorrow and hopefully be able to explain better but until then I will speak of Landmarks and training for TdO 2011.

Maybe the teams did not win the championships, but they competed like champions throughout the entire meet. The team spirit was amazing also as I have never seen so much face and/or body paint at a track meet before. The noise they created in our fieldhouse to cheer all their teammates on was so loud at times you would have thought the meet was between 20 schools not the 6 that are in our conference. Both teams placed second but it was not from a lack of effort. When 75-80% of the roster sets their season best or personal best in at least 1 event, coaches can not ask for more from their athletes. The teams started outdoor track & field today with what will be an easy week to transition in the new season. Next week 45 or so of the team will be heading to Myrtle Beach for spring break training and a 2 day meet at Coastal Carolina University.

My training continues to go well despite the craziness. Now once again, with hosting the conference championships and the craziness that goes with that, I missed my lifting days but did not miss a ride. It was a very solid week on the bike to end Base Phase 2. As March draws near, dreams of getting outside around my crazy schedule get closer. I figure if I can handle all the time I have put on an indoor trainer I can handle anything outside. New training numbers:

Week 8 - 7 rides/ 191 miles/ 8hours 32 minutes/22.40mph
February - 27 rides/ 888 miles/ 39hours 36minute/ 22.40mph
Year - 59 rides/ 1931 miles/ 86hours 54minutes/ 22.20mph

Now as this week begins, the craziness should not be as bad. I am scheduled to get volume on bike back to the 10-10.5 hour range. I should be able to get back in the weight room at least twice this week. As sprng gets closer, I am getting more anxious to start finalizing some details for some races and get started back on pulling parts together for my cyclocross bike which is my ultimate goal this fall. It is also motivating to see all the bicycle racing that has started with several of the lesser known small tours throughout the world.

Keep training hard and smart!!!

TdO 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment