Monday, March 7, 2011

9 Inches of Snow Yesterday - Spring Break???



Yesterday part of the team left for Myrtle Beach and the annual Susquehanna University Track & Field Spring Break adventure. I will join the team on Wednesday as I have yet another doctors appointment Tuesday before I can head down there. The team loaded the bus in a drizzle and about 50 degrees and were headed to 57-60 degree weather. In Selinsgrove, it rained hard all day and I believe we had 2+ inches of rain. About 4-5pm yesterday, the rain freakishly turned to a heavy snow and dumped 9 inches of snow on us. Is it Wednesday yet?? I am so tired of this winter. Will I ever get outside to ride??? I am so motivated to get this cycling season under way!

Despite the crazy weather and meeting schedule at work, training is going amazing well. I have never felt stronger on the bike. And to help with motivation, I get daily coverage of the Paris-Nice Race on Versus!!! The Epic Cycle begins again!!

This week I had a solid week on the bike getting my time goal on the bike. I am still being lazy with the weight training but it has yet to hurt bike biking but I know I need to get back in there. I am hoping to get in there tomorrow prior to leaving for SC on Wednesday. Of course, I will be taking bike to SC to hopefully get a few rides in sunny 60 degree weather!! I am still working on a base but getting two solid "workout rides" each week. The main focus for me during this stretch has been time on the bike since it has been years since I trained seriously on the bike (last triathlon was 1998). New totals for training:

Week 9 - 7 rides/ 235 miles/ 10hours 37minutes/ 22.20mph
March - 6 rides/ 202 miles/ 9hours 7 minutes/ 22.20mph
Year - 65 rides/ 2166 miles/ 97hours 31minutes/ 22.20mph

This week the goal is to get close to 11.5 miles. Now with traveling to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday, it may take some extended rides early in the week and some fancy scheduling later in the week but I will get it done. Then when I return I can start to look at getting into the small early season races to get some experience in race situations. Hopefully forecast for SC will stay the same and give the members of the team that are there a great track & field experience. Updates to follow!!

TdO 2011 - The Epic Cycle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment