Monday, March 14, 2011

Rain, Snow, Rain, Myrtle Beach and Now Back to Reality!!



What a fun & crazy week!!

A trip to South Carolina with the team for a huge 31 school meet at Coastal Carolina University. I was able to be there for the final 4 days and enjoyed a nice break from the miserable winter that we have been having here. Just last Sunday, we had 2 inches of rain throughout the day that turned into 10 inches of snow over night. Later this week, we also had a day of 3 inches of rain on Thursday that has caused some good flooding along the river.

Training is still on track and going extremely well. I did not miss a beat on the bike but did not quite get to my time goal of 11.5 hours. I did manage 10 hours 50 minutes with all the travel back & forth to South Carolina. This week looks like I will get outside for the first time in Pennsylvania since November. I can't wait......I have some gear for chilly mornings that I have been wanting to use. The fitness level on the bike is starting to go through the roof with completing 10 weeks of base. I have 2 more weeks of base training then training begins to get really intense. New training totals:

Week - 7 rides - 238 miles - 10hours 46minutes - 22.20mph
March - 14rides - 477miles - 21hours 33minutes - 22.10mph
Year - 73 rides - 2441 miles - 109hours 57minutes - 22.20mph

This week I am hoping to push the 12 hour barrier on the bike. With the team off from competition for two weeks, it should be a bit more calm for getting back into the weight room. I do need to add some running back into the program especially if I plan some cyclocross races at the end of the year. I did run one day while down in SC and my legs were dead for 3 days. It was my first run in 8 weeks and I more than double my mileage for the year. I have 7.5 miles of running for year which is quite a drastic change for a person who normally ran over 3000 miles a year.

TdO 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment