Sunday, December 28, 2014

Winding Down 2014


"Now young faces grow sad and old and hearts of fire grow cold
 We swore blood brothers against the wind
 I'm ready to grow young again"
No Surrender - Bruce Springsteen 

Blogging & training doesn't take a holiday! 

Sitting back in the Grove (Selinsgrove, PA) after a busy 6 days of holiday travels, I was kind of at a loss about what to write about this week. Last week I jumped back on my soapbox & promised to use it more often but decided for this week to stay in the holiday spirit & play nice (for now). We will see how long the holiday spirit last!

This week's training went very well with all of the holiday craziness. I was able to hit my mileage & volume goals. I made the most of my one swim day and tested my current endurance in the pool. Not sure why but I decided to see how long it would take me to swim 2500 yards, if I could swim that far given my longest swim in the past 2-3 months has been 1900 yards. I was very pleased to average 1:32/100 for the distance! It gives me a lot of confidence as I move forward in my Ironman training.

Eight Weeks Of Base Training @ MAF:
Bike - 33 rides/ 1076 miles/ 50.35 hours/ 21.4 mph
Run - 26 runs/ 192.25 miles/ 26.28 hours/ 8:12 per mile
Swim - 15 swims/ 14 miles/ 6.39 hours
Total - 74 workouts/ 1282.25 miles/ 83.02 hours
(8 Suspension Training sessions)
Per Week - 9.25 workouts/ 160.28 miles/ 10.38 hours

This week starts another two week cycle with increases in my long run and long bike ride. My long run increases to 1 hour & forty minutes and the long bike ride increases to 2 hours & 45 minutes. Base training continues for 5 more weeks, so all training will remain at MAF. With the campus being on winter break, the pool will be closed and there will be no swimming until January 5th. Now, I will be able to get into the weight room & get back to my suspension training. Even if I cannot get into the pool, the suspension training has been just as valuable in keeping my swimming strong and improving! Even without swimming, my total volume should be close to 11-11.25 hours (bike & run). I am looking to hit 145-150 miles on the bike & 28-30 miles running. 

With the official start of 2015 a few days away, it is time to start officially setting a race schedule. But I will save that for another post......(I know, the suspense is killing you!! )

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
Going to have some fun with this in 2015! (Beware!!!)

4th Place Finish @ Denville Sprint Triathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment