Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter Break - 4 Weeks Is Too Long Away!



Where has the first semester gone? It is hard to believe that the track & field athletes will be starting their finals tomorrow and the campus will be empty Thursday. Tonight, I emailed all the athletes, I work with on the track & field teams, their workouts for the winter break. It is the part of the indoor track & field season that I hate. Once finals end, the athletes will be off campus for four weeks. I know many of them feel the same way I do and realize that is way too much time away. Knowing the work ethic of these athletes, they will complete what needs to be done but you wish you could have the team together to help monitor their progress and answer all questions that may arise.

This past week was another solid week of running and biking! I was able to accomplish both goals that I set for each discipline and feel very strong throughout the week. It also helps that my back problems seem to have eased a lot, at least for now. It seems to be hit or miss with back but the way it feels now, I should be able to get back into my weight training program and strengthen the lower back. Now the questions is to I have the resolve to get back into the pool????? Even after watching the Ironman broadcast yesterday and as much as I would love to go back to Kona, I am still unmotivated for the pool right now. But for now, I will continue to add running into the training schedule.

New Training Totals:
Week - 6 rides/ 175 miles/ 7hours 41minutes/ 22.7mph
4 runs/ 19 miles/ 2hours 15minutes/ 7:04 per mile
December - 9 rides/ 261 miles/ 11hours 28minutes/ 22.7mph
7 runs/ 34.5 miles/ 4hours 6minutes/ 7:04 per mile
2011 - 32 rides/ 11,880 miles/ 551hours 12minutes/ 21.8mph

This Week's Goals
Bike - 5-6 rides/ 175-200 miles
Run - 4 days/ 18-22 miles
Weights - 2 days

TdO '12 or Kona - I will be in the best shape of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment