Sunday, December 18, 2011

Early Christmas = New Car and Keurig!!



The holidays got an early start here!! After thinking about it for a little over a year, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new vehicle. Yesterday, I purchased a brand new Nissan Versa hatchback and of course appropriately the color is espresso black. The Versa only had 36 miles on it when I drove it off the lot to head home. A few days earlier, one of my runner's parents gave me a Keurig, which is just like leaving a kid in the candy store. If this theme continues, this year's Christmas will be all about the all might coffee bean!

The adding of running into the training schedule continues to go well even though I have been lazy about the weight training. Today, I had my longest run of the year at 9 miles. I know it does not seem like a lot but for only being back a little over 4 weeks I think the running is progressing very well. The cycling continues very well and on Thursday I topped 12,000 miles for the year on the bike. It is crazy to think that most people do not even drive that far in a year. I kind of have a new mini-goal to finish the year over 600 hours of training. I need 18 hours the next two weeks!

New training totals:
Week - 6 rides/ 176 miles/ 7hours 46minutes/ 22.6mph
4 runs/ 20 miles/ 2hours 21minutes/ 7:00 per mile
December - 15 rides/ 437 miles/ 19hours 15minutes/ 22.70mph
11 runs/ 54.5 miles/ 7:04 per mile
2012 - 348rides/ 12056 miles/ 559hours/ 21.8mph
31 runs/ 131 miles/ 7:13 per mile

This weeks goals:
Bike - 5-6 rides/ 175-200miles/ 7.5-8hours
Run - 4 runs/ 18-22 miles/ 9-10mile long run
Lift - 2 days
Swim - still not quite motivated

TdO '12 or Kona - either way I hope the other guy is training!

Looking forward to some time in South Jersey for the holiday then of course can't wait to get the teams back to campus to get this indoor track & field season rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment