Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Holiday Blog! Training Never Rest.



I have to admit other than the typical holiday happenings inside: gifts, family and tons of food, you would never guess it is Christmas by the near 50 degree temperatures outside. And trust me when I say this......there is no way I am complaining about it! I have been enjoying this unseasonable December. It is funny to think that the only significant snow this fall/winter was back on Halloween weekend. Either warm or cold, it is good to get out of the Grove to recharge the battery for the indoor and outdoor track & field seasons. The difficult part is waiting until January 15th for the teams to return. With the new year approaching, a decent amount of time will be spent trying to decide what direction I want to go with my racing in 2012 - bicycle racing or triathlons?

I am somewhat torn whether it is time to return to triathlons but regardless the training during this transition period continues to go well. Another good sign is the back continues to improve to the point where weight training can start in earnest when I return to the Grove. This past week was my biggest week running since returning to a steady schedule of running the past two months. While it has not been very fast running but in another week, I will looking to start to add a track session into my running plan.

New Training Totals
Week - 5 rides/ 7hours 45minutes/ 22.7mph
4 runs/ 24.5 miles/2hours 57minutes/ 7:12 per mile
December - 20 rides/ 613 miles/ 27hours 00minutes/ 22.7mph
15 runs/ 79 miles/ 9hours 25minutes/7:05 per mile
Year - 354 rides/ 12,232 miles/ 566hours 43minutes/ 21.8mph
35 runs/185.5 miles/ 22hours 26mintes/ 7:20 per mile

This Week
5-6 rides/ 175-200 miles/ 7.5-8.5hours
3-4 runs/ 18-22 miles/ 9-10 mile long run

Some tentative discussions today on the TdO '12! Eddie MaGuire will make sure it is an EPIC event!

Decision on triathlons and Kona to be made soon!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment