Saturday, January 21, 2012

A 70.3 Will Be In The Plans!



Well, winter has finally hit Central Pa. I woke up this morning to a fresh coating of 4-5 inches of snow. So obviously, that means the indoor trainer for a little bit. Granted, i was not able to get outside for any of my rides this week as it was pretty damn cold and windy all week. Hopefully the days of snow will be few and very far in between. It is amazing I survive in the Northeast given how much I hate the cold and snow after living in Las Vegas, NV for 5 years.

Training continues to go well as I learn to balance all three sports and a hectic coaching schedule. The next 7-8 days will be crazy with hosting 1 collegiate meet tomorrow, then traveling to a meet at Bucknell University next Friday/Saturday and finally hosting a high school meet on Sunday. The good thing about this upcoming crazy week is that it will be a relatively easier week after 3 solid weeks of training. I will reduce the volume a little this week but maintain the intensity. I am really happy how quickly the running legs are getting back under me. In yesterday's 8 x 800 Tempo workout with 1:00 recovery (100 jog) I was able to average 3:05 for all of them and feel very relaxed doing it. Just two weeks ago I only managed 6 at 3:15 with 1:30 recovery (big improvement). I definitely have to start to add some accelerations at the end of easy days to increase the turnover. I am also starting to increase resistance throughout rides to mimic some hill climbing.

Training totals:
Week
Bike - 6 rides/ 191 miles/ 8.62 hours/ 22.1mph
Run - 3 runs/ 17.5 miles/ 2.68 hours/ 7:08 per mile
Swim - 2 swims/ 1.75 miles/ .80 hours
Total - 11 workouts/ 210 miles/ 11.5 hours

Month
Bike - 16 rides/ 544 miles/ 25.24 hours/ 21.6mph
Run - 9 runs/ 59.75 miles/ 7.18 hours/ 7:12 per mile
Swim - 7 swims/ 5.75 miles/ 2.78 hours
Total - 32 workouts/ 609.5 miles/ 35.2 hours

Now, nothing is set in stone in the schedule but an Ironman 70.3 will most likely be a part of the schedule at some point this summer. I am liking the new 70.3 that was announced this past we to be held at National Harbor. It is schedule for the 1st weekend of August and gives me plenty of time to train for that. Depending on the course, my goal is going to be finish in 4hour 45minute range. At that moment it will be a successful return to triathlons. Look for a tentative schedule within the next few weeks, including..........

TdO ' 12 !

No comments:

Post a Comment