Sunday, August 28, 2011

SUXC Preseason In The Books!!!



Well, week one for SUXC is in the books. It was a very solid week of training for both teams as well as an awesome week of team bonding! I believe both teams are coming out of preseason as the closest teams I have coached. They realize that it will take a complete team effort to achieve the goals they have set for themselves as a team. I was very impressed with some of the goals they set aside from the given, defend the Landmark Conference Titles! The men are looking to the win their 5th straight title and the women are looking to win their second straight and 3rd in 5 years. The teams will be running in their first meet this Saturday at Bucknell University. It will be a 3 mile race for both teams and they will run against Bucknell University, Bloomsburg University and Juniata College.

My training was more normal after the week at running camp. I was able to get my mileage back up to over 250 miles and was able to ride seven days this week. Of course, with Hurricane Irene causing so much trouble (heavy rain and winds) I was forced inside today. It was the first time on the rollers in ages and already has me dreading the winter days of riding inside. The only thing that helped make it bearable today was watching Manchester United demolish Arsenal (8-2) and Usain Bolt false start in the 100 meter finals!

Training on the bike continues to go exceptionally well. After the low key week of riding at running camp, my legs felt so strong on the bike this week. I am feeling very confident about the Milton Harvest Fest 28 mile Road Race in less than two weeks. Now this week I am hoping to keep my training about where it was for this week but maybe add some more climbing this week.

New training totals:

Week - 7 rides/ 265 miles/ 11hours 55minutes/ 21.90mph/ 4392 feet of climbing
August - 28 rides/ 1087 miles/ 52hours 03minutes/ 20.90mph/ 24,200 feet of climbing
2011 - 246 rides/ 8672 miles/ 406hours 58minutes/ 21.50mph

This week's goals:
7 rides/ 250-275 miles/ 6500-7000 feet of climbing/ 12-13 hours of riding

With the start of the school year this week, the focus will also be on getting even more of the quality versus the quantity! I figure I will have about an hour and a half to two hours a day during the week to get a solid ride and save the longer bike rides for Sunday.

Till the next time: Keep training hard and smart!!!

TdO '11 will be more like TdO '12!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment