Sunday, August 14, 2011

Camp On - Running Works Week & Rides In The Poconos!



It is that time of year again.....CAMP ON!!!

This week I will spending time in the Poconos working a cross-country camp for high school athletes. It is an awesome time as I am surrounded by great friends who all share an enthusiasm for cross-country and distance running. I will also have a great opportunity to get some rides in a new place and obviously tackle some new hills. With limited time between running and lecture sessions, there will be a big emphasis on quality rides. I have printed some maps of some rides that I was able to find online. I am looking forward to tackling some new hills.

This past was a great week of training as I topped 300 miles on the bike. I was thinking about a race but decided to get a long quality ride yesterday. My plan was to tackle Jack Mtn.! I was cruising along the creek and headed out towards the 1000 foot climb and as I got near the turn that starts the climb, signs popped up stating that the bridge was out ahead. Unfortunately I had no clue around the detour and had be back in a certain time to finish getting stuff ready for camp. I still got a good 53 miles!

New training totals:

Week - 8 rides/ 311 miles/ 14hours 42minutes/ 21.30mph/ 6700 feet of climbing
August - 15 rides/ 622 miles/ 29hours 42minutes/ 21.00mph/ 14,700 feet of climbing
2011 - 230 rides/ 8207 miles/ 384hours 36minutes/ 21.50mph

This week's goals:
7 rides/ 225-250miles/ 9000 feet of climbing
(probably will hit at least 30+ miles of running - uh oh!!! lol)

Next race is September 10, 2011 - Milton Harvest Fest Road Race
http://www.miltonharvestfestival.com/races/bikerace.php

CAMP ON!!!!

TdO '11!

No comments:

Post a Comment