Sunday, April 3, 2011

Outside For Today! Could The Weather Finally Be Breaking??



Wow!! It felt so good to get outside today and ride! This past week was another crazy one for weather. We had no temperatures above 45 degrees and several days of snow and rain. We even had a coating of snow for a little bit on April Fools Day. Sometimes, I wonder if the weather will ever get back to normal. Today was the first nice day in quite some time. It was about 44 degrees at the beginning of my ride and probably was about 48 when I finished. It was not a difficult course to ride today with some flat sections and some hills but no major hills today. There was a decent breeze today out of the WNW at 14-15MPH with gust close 20. It was not bad but riding solo, it got annoying at times. Today's route:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/30878422/

I was able to stay in the big chain ring the entire ride and maintain a cadence of 94-95. I was able to finish the ride in 1 hour 45 minutes or just slightly over 21MPH. It was best ride outside in my training this year. The weather looks as though it is improving so hopefully will be able to get outside more often and tackle the hills. I am looking forward to tackling Dam Hill soon on the Cannondale!

This past week was a solid week on the bike. With meets on the weekends, it makes it tough to get longer rides on Saturdays but with the improving weather I should be able to get longer rides during the week. I did manage to get close to 10 hours 30 minutes of riding this week. New training totals:

Week: 7 rides/ 232 miles/ 10 hours 25 minutes/ 22.30mph
Month: 3 rides/ 95 miles/ 4 hours 21 minutes/ 22.00mph
Year: 93 rides/ 3075 miles/ 138hours 44 minutes/ 22.20 mph

This week's goal is get back closer to 11 or 11.5 hours of riding. I also want to continue to get outside and tackle the hills and like to incorporate Dam Hill in a ride or two. I figure climbing Dam Hill and many of the other hills around here will have me well prepared for the race in Danville. Also this week is Paris-Roubaix, a famous one day classic bicycle race!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-cobblestones-for-paris-roubaix-2011

TdO 11!

Training continues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment