Sunday, April 10, 2011

100 Rides in 2011 Done!! 41 Days to 1st Race



The end of week 14 of my training on the bike is now in the books, as I get ready for my first season of bike races. Today was a hilly ride through the hills of Central PA. It also marked the first ride with one of athletes, Nate Wineland, who is training for a ride across the United States on behalf of cancer awareness. Please check out his website, it is a very good cause:

https://4kforcancer.donortools.com/my/funds/15114-Rider-Fund-Nate-Wineland

Today marked the first time I have been on the bike for 3 hours. It also was the first time that it got above 50 degrees for a ride. This week the weather finally seems to be breaking for the better. I am hoping to get some good rides outside this week. I will need to continue to get more hill work as the Danville course is very hilly and difficult. I did felt very strong on all hills today. I know these hills will also help me in my preparations for the TdO 11 as I know there are no hills like this in South Jersey.

This week was my biggest week in terms of time on the bike of all my 14 weeks on the bike. Every week, I feel stronger on the bike and today was surprised how quickly I was able to bounce up all the hills. I can notice a difference in my bike handling skills and gear changing timing going up the hill. This will come into play a lot in Danville with the number of ups and downs so I can keep my cadence consistent throughout the race .

New training totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 255 miles/ 12 hours 2 minutes/ 21.60mph
Month - 10 rides/ 350 miles/ 16 hours 23 minutes/ 21.70mph
Year - 100 rides/ 3330 miles/ 150 hours 46 minute/ 22.10mph

I am so motivated for this race season after today. As I write this blog, I am motivated by watching the Paris-Roubaix Race. What an amazing event to watch with the combination of roads and cobblestone roads. It is a 160 mile one day event nicknamed the "Hell of the North". Pretty sure I will never get to that level of riding to race it but damn it always good to dream.

TdO 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment