Sunday, January 17, 2010

Very strong week

Very good week

Well today I finished the week with a good 12 miler of 91 minutes. While it was a bit slow at 7:35 per mile or 137 heart beats per minute, mentally it was the first time I felt motivated to run in the area of 90 minutes. I ran with my friend Joe Stoltz who is also working on a major comeback in 2010. It was a very relaxed and conversational pace run for both of us. Being a bit ahead of Joe in training, Joe set the early pace and I never felt taxed at any point. I finished the week with just over 69 miles for the week. I am hoping to keep it right around there this week also. I think if I can do that for 2 more weeks, I will be ready to bump it up to 70-75 miles per week in February.

Workout on friday:
7 x 1000 @ 3:36 with 1:00-1:10 recovery (used lane 4 of the indoor track)

This workout felt very relaxed and even went without checking splits in the final two reps and just ran on feel. Even more motivation this week, as the teams report back to campus today and practice starts back up tomorrow. Home meet on saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment