Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Could be a record???

Can you believe it?? A post and only 6 days from the last one. It has been a quiet few days but some good workouts. Last week I finished with 65 miles and an 11 mile run. It was my longest run in a while (1:20). Actually felt motivated to be out there for that long. I know it need to keep extending that but sometimes these cold winters make it tough. Yesterday I did my first double in months. I put in an easy 6.75 miles in the morning and followed up with a steady 3.50 miles late in the afternoon. I am hoping to bump up closer to 70 miles this week and hold that steady for a few months. Today was back on the track for a good workout.

8 x 800 @ 5k pace 2:47 with 84-85 second recovery (about 400 pace)
Jogged for 3-4:00 minutes while waiting for Aimee"s (running Houston half this weekend) next 1200 tempo and finished the last 2 with her.
2 x 1200 @ 4:28 & 4:28 with 2:00 recovery
All told a 9.65 mile day with warm-up and cool-down.

Felt very strong throughout the entire workout. I will be back on the track on friday for another workout. Now I need to start finding some races but with the winters around here, that can be tough to do till March.

Now time for dinner and I even cooking for myself. I have been doing better about watching my nutrition during this stretch including cooking almost every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment