Sunday, August 24, 2014

Way Out In The Water


  

"Way out in the water
  See it swimmin' "
Where Is My Mind - Trampled By Turtles (Originally the Pixies)

After a crazy week and the high volume of training the past 11 weeks, I decided that a 53 mile flat spin was better for my body than racing today. Even though I decided to not race this weekend, I still plan to race at least one more time & possibly twice before the end of the season. I can't believe that the race season is nearly over here in the northeast. Unfortunately for me, with my coaching schedule (weekend meets) & living in Central PA, my choices are going to be few and far between,. With no potential races for this coming weekend, I will continue the high volume training for one more week before a slightly easier month of September as I look to end the season with fresh legs for the last race(s). 

Here are a few races that may work:
September 6 - Quakerman Olympic Plus - .6 miles/ 38.7 miles/ 6.2miles (race I won last year)
September 20 - Pine Barrens Olympic - 1.5K/ 40K/ 10K
September 21 - Sunset Challenge Sprint - .25 mile/ 13 miles/ 3.1 miles

11 Weeks of High Volume Training Totals
Bike - 48 rides/ 1784 miles/ 86.53 hours/ 20.6 mph/ 49,402ft of climbing
Run - 38 runs/ 262.5 miles/ 32.69 hours/ 7:28 per mile
Swim - 32 swims/ 28 miles/ 14.18 hours
Total - 118 workouts/ 2074.5 miles/ 133.4 hours
Per Week - 10.73 workouts/ 188.59 miles/ 12.13 hours

Once the slightly easier month of September is over, it will be time to prepare my body and mind for the arduous miles and hours of Ironman training. Of course, I still need to pick a qualifying race but at least I know it will be a full Ironman distance race. It may seem early to be preparing or even talking about 2015 but I am going to go about this task in the right way and all out! I have already jotted notes about things to add to my training and ways to change my training. I will need to take my training to a new level to achieve my lofty goals. This journey to Kona will make for some interesting to some, but boring to most blogging! Either way, I am ready for this long journey to begin! For now:

Potential Ironman Races  (as I write this post)
May 16 - Ironman Texas
June 28 - Ironman Coeur d'Alene
August 2 - Ironman Boulder

Of course I have to thank Wattie Ink for supplying coolest racing kit and teammates that keep me motivated with their performances and encouragement!

Also, thanks to a great list of sponsors of the team - Power Bar, Speedfil, ISM Saddles, Herbalife, Blue Seventy, Rudy Project, ! Your support goes a long way in helping me achieve my results!


Rock the W!


No comments:

Post a Comment