Sunday, August 10, 2014

Maybe The Others Were Right All Along.....I must Be Crazy!



There are still several races left on the 2014 calendar but watching the Ironman World Championship broadcast on NBC this afternoon has me pumped for full Ironman training in  2015! I know.....it may seem too soon, but I figure with the daunting task of completing two full Ironman distance races in one year it is never too early to start planning. Maybe, by January 1, 2015, I will believe it is possible!!!

With the announcement, that the 70.3 races are losing their Kona qualifying spots, this heavy volume block of training will be a great start into 2015 and training for a full Ironman distance race to qualify. What qualifier, you ask???? That is a question still unanswered but there are only a few that actually fit into my track & field coaching schedule that are not sold out yet! Whichever race I chose, it will require some travel, so I better start saving my money!!!

List of Ironman Races That Fit Into T&F Coaching Schedule 
May 16 - Ironman Texas
June 28 - Ironman Coeur d'Alene
August 2 - Ironman Boulder 

Today, I finished my 2nd consecutive week of 215+ miles of training among the three disciplines. Currently, I have 2 more weeks of this high volume training block before a few week taper before a long race (still yet to be decided).  I also have consecutive weeks of racing a sprint triathlon starting this upcoming Saturday. This Saturday's race is a local sprint triathlon, Lewisburg Sprint Triathlon, consisting of a 300 yard swim, 15 mile bike and 3.25 mile run. The following weekend I will race the Keystone Sprint Triathlon which will be slightly longer and consist of a 1/2 mile swim, 18.2 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run. Last year, I finished 2nd overall at this race. Now I am not planning 215+ miles of training each week but I will be shooting for 180-190 miles of training over the next two weeks even with the racing! 

Training Totals of Last 9 Weeks
Bike - 39 rides/ 1463 miles/ 71.76 hours/ 20.4 mph/ 45,318ft of climbing
Run - 31 runs/ 214.5 miles/ 26.59 hours/ 7:26 per mile
Swim - 25 swims/ 22 miles/ 11.18 hours
Total - 95 workouts/ 1699.5 miles/ 109.53 hours
Per Week - 10.56 workouts/ 188.83 miles/ 12.17 hours

Thanks to Wattie Ink for the coolest racing kit and teammates that keep me motivated with their performances! Also, thanks to a great list of sponsors of the team - Power Bar, Speedfil, ISM Saddles, Herbalife, Blue Seventy, Rudy Project, ! Your support goes a long way in helping me achieve my results!

Rock the W! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment