Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Flip Turns - Feeling Like A "Real" Swimmer

  

Finally.....it may not be pretty but I am able to execute my flip turn again. Does it make me any faster? Probably not but mentally it makes me feel like a "real" swimmer and if that helps me stay motivated to swim, I will take it. Now I have found it does make workouts a little more efficient and there is a lot less of a pause before heading off the wall for the next length of the pool.

There really is not a lot to report on the training side. The focus remains on building volume in all three disciplines. The only real change in training has been caused the weather change here in Central PA. With winter getting close, bike sessions are starting to be moved indoors and on the trainer. I hoping there will be days when I will be able to get outside as for some reason the indoor trainer is more ass numbing than riding outside for 5-6 hours. Run volume is increasing and just in the past 2 weeks, I have had 4 runs of 60-70 minutes. I am slowly working my way to my goal of being over 30 miles a week by the end of November.

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 157 miles/ 6.83 hours/ 22.9 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 24 miles/ 2.95 hours/  7:22 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.56 hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 184 miles/ 11.34 hours

2012
Bike - 240 rides/ 7613 miles/ 354.61 hours/ 21.5 mph
Run - 159 runs/ 987.75 miles/ 118.61 hours/  7:12 per mile
Swim - 112 swims/ 99.5 miles/ 49.01 hours
Total - 511 workouts/ 8700.25 miles/ 522.23 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 145-165 miles
Run - 4 runs/ 26-28 miles
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3-4 miles

This time of the year also marks the time when companies/teams start their process of accepting applications for potential sponsorship. There are several teams that I would love to be a part of but we will see what happens  after the applications are done. I may have some decent results but maybe my time off to be a runner and cyclist will affect that. But I still feel like 2013 will be an amazing year!

Kona or 70.3 World Championships!

2 comments:

  1. Plus to flipturns:each turn is essentially a deep squat....work those cycling muscles! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good way to look at it!!

    ReplyDelete